Renewals of Existing Documents

   Debra Kingshill
, Coordinator of Personnel Services | (707) 445-7039

Most documents, including all clear and Professional Clear Teaching and Service Credentials are now required to be renewed online through the Commission on Teacher Credentialing website. This is a fast and easy process and you will be issued a new document quickly.

Some documents are not yet required or eligible for online renewal such as child Development Permits.  These documents must be renewed using a paper application.  If you get an error message on the website that states you do not have a credential that is eligible for renewal online, print off the error message and contact our office at 445-7039 for assistance.

Renewals can be done anytime within a year of the expiration date and the renewal date will be assigned to coincide with that expiration date.

CTC Renewal Page | Renewal and Reissuance Application (Form 41-REN)

It is your responsibility to ensure that you maintain a valid credential or permit for as long as you are providing service in a position requiring a credential or permit and that you register this valid credential with the County Office of Education. County Offices of Education are required to withhold pay warrants for teachers who do not hold the appropriate credential or permit for their current assignment. With the new online renewal requirement, if you wait until your credential or permit has expired before renewing, you could have a gap that puts your paycheck at risk.