Psychology and Occupational Therapy Services
Our HCOE School Psychologists provide the following services:
- Complete psychological assessments for students - initial and 3 year evaluations;
- Diagnostic evaluations for students with autism, learning disabilities and mental health concerns;
- Guidance and coordination of district special education programs;
- Direction in navigating the special education legal requirements to school administrators, special educators and general education teachers;
- Training for staff in Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI);
- Counseling and support to follow tragic school events or trauma.
Occupational Therapy Services
Occupational Therapy Coordinator
Occupational Therapy is a related service that can help a student with an IEP improve educationally related fine and gross motor skills, self-care skills, visual perceptual/visual motor skills and sensory regulation. HCOE Occupational Therapists (OTs) are available for contracting for individual students or for a block of time depending on district needs. OTs can perform assessments and provide direct and consultative services when the IEP team determines it is a required service for the student to access their special education program.
If you have any questions, please contact Debra Burstiner, Occupational Therapy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-407-8550.