On November 27th, Eureka High School hosted the first of the Innovate program’s Business Career Panel Series. Three school periods were generously set aside for students to actively engage with local business owners (and Eureka High Alumnae), whom all spoke passionately about their experiences of owning a business and why it is the right choice for them. The goal of the panel is to offer a first-hand perspective of what it is like to be a business owner as a career option as well as to promote the upcoming INNOVATE! Business Challenge (IBC), which encourages students to submit their own business proposals. Watch the video below to find out more!
A very special thanks to the business owners that participated and offered wisdom, inspiration, and excitement:
- Sammy Vainuku (alum) with Sammy’s BBQ
- Dale Maples (alum) with Wayne Maples Plumbing
- Carrie Sams (alum) with Leon’s Car Care Center
- Scott Hunt with Hunter, Hunter, and Hunt C.P.A. and
- Tom Tellez with Wallace & Hinz Customer Bars