Twenty high school seniors, representing thirteen local high schools, were honored as Humboldt County’s 2019 Academic Achievement Team in front of 130 educators and family members at an awards ceremony and banquet held at the Humboldt County Office of Education’s (HCOE) Sequoia Conference Center on Wednesday, April 4. The Humboldt County Office of Education Student Events program distributed scholarships totaling $6,400 to the stellar students.
Members of the team were selected based on their exemplary academic performance, significant involvement in extracurricular activities, proven leadership abilities, excellent communication skills, and a displayed commitment to their community. The average grade point average for the team is 4.38, with one as high as 4.7.
The event concluded with the naming of two Stellar Students, Anna Mauro of Arcata High School, and Adam Vera of McKinleyville High School. The Stellar Students were selected by a panel of community members in recognition of their exceptional accomplishments and potential to make a significant impact in the future.
“Students recognized by their respective schools are all so extremely exceptional and represent our collective pride in Humboldt County schools,” stated Dr. Chris Hartley, Superintendent of Humboldt County Schools. “Congratulations to all the students but also to the many dedicated teachers and school staff who have supported and challenged them to be their best along the way.”
Each member of the Academic Achievement Team received a scholarship and certificate. The two Stellar Student award winners each received an additional $200 scholarship and a special plaque to commemorate their selection.
- Rami Awwad, Academy of the Redwoods
- Anna Mauro, Arcata High School
- Andrew Pedicino, Arcata High School
- Olivia Gerving, Arcata High School
- Colton Johnston, Eureka High School
- Paige Lyons, Eureka High School
- Benjamin Allen, Eureka High School
- Connor Barres, Eureka High School
- Makenzie Renner, Ferndale High School
- Annabelle Raven, Fortuna High School
- Agustin Garcinuno, Fortuna High School
- Scott Searle, Hoopa Valley High School
- Oliver Grant, Mattole Triple Junction High School
- Hadlie Ward, McKinleyville High School
- Adam Vera, McKinleyville High School
- Brianna Chapman, North Coast Prepatory Academy
- Kila Andi, Northern United Charter School
- Logan Sayles, Six Rivers High School
- Sophia Wallace-Boyd, South Fork High
- Robin Zhao, St. Bernards