The Humboldt County Office of Education (HCOE) recognizes five employees from throughout Humboldt County who received recognition as classified employees of the year. Supervisors and colleagues nominated these individuals for their impressive work ethic and outstanding contributions to their teams representing five out of the six categories. The transportation category did not receive any nominees.
- Michael Youssef, Support Services and Security from HCOE Court and Community School
- Terri Dillingham, Child Nutrition from Cuddeback Elementary School
- Samantha Broadstock, Office and Technical from Academy of the Redwoods
- Michael McReynolds, Maintenance, Operations, and Facilities from Eureka High School
- Pang Lo, Para-Educator and Instructional Assistance from Alice Birney Elementary School
Classified School Employees of the Year (CSEY) Program highlights contributions of classified school employees who support the education of California’s more than six million public school students from preschool through grade twelve. The CSEY Program pays tribute to the tireless efforts of our state’s outstanding classified school employees.
From cafeteria workers to instructional aides, these employees are the unsung heroes who play key roles in creating a school environment that contributes to the whole child by promoting student achievement, safety, and health. Classified School Employees of the Year Program recognizes exemplary school employees who best represent all of California’s classified staff and symbolize the profession’s contributions and commitment to quality education.