About the Program
Crafting Up Business incorporates STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) Skills in a multiweek entrepreneurial program so that students have hands-on experience AND can turn their time into cash! Students gain experience and skills in:
- IDEATION – dream about what might be possible.
- DESIGN THINKING – test those ideas and adapt.
- PLANNING & BUDGETING – research their ideas, plan-out their tasks, and budget their cost of goods sold and breakeven for their pricing strategy.
- CREATING & COLLABORATING – when peers collaborate creatively they discover great ideas.
- PROMOTION & COMMUNICATION – persuasive communication, design flyers and pricing signs, and event networking are keys to promoting the selling event and their products/services.
- CUSTOMER INTERACTION – customer service, sales interaction, making change and interpersonal skills are needed to complete a sales transaction.
- EVALUATION – learning is a continuum. Post event lesson explores went well, what didn’t go as planned, were there surprises and what will they do differently?