Under the general direction of the Director of Learning Support Services, the Data Visualization and Reporting Manager is responsible for providing useful and relevant community, district and school data reports and displays to HCOE/DNCOE administration and department leads, district and site administrators, county personnel, and all interested stakeholders; coordinating, submitting and maintaining accuracy and reliability of mandated State and Federal data-related reports. This is a collaborative position between the Humboldt County Office of Education and the Del Norte County Office of Education.
- Works closely with the Humboldt and Del Norte County Office administration, departmental leadership, and Differentiated Assistance team to provide data visualization and integration services.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality, flexibility, initiative, and creativity.
- Demonstrate competence in communicating effectively with professional staff and representatives of other agencies in written and oral form.
- Possess at least 5 years of successful work with institutional data including working with enterprise data systems, financial and/or Student Information Systems.
- Has working knowledge of and experience with enterprise data/reporting software including but not limited to Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Excel, MS Access, and financial systems.
- Has a record of excellence in making small and large group presentations, including demonstration teaching skills and workshop/conference speaking.
- Understands best practices pertaining to data integrity, data modeling, and reporting instruments.
- Must have personality to maintain excellent working relationships and collaborative interactions with others, with county office staff and district/school staff.
- Works independently with a minimum of guidance and supervision, Ability to follow oral and written directions.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the liaison efforts between HCOE/DNCOE and other educational institutions, including school districts, College of the Redwoods, Humboldt State University and other county offices in the North Coast region.
- Monitor databases for accuracy and data integrity; manage and manipulate large amounts of data and generate charts, graphs or reports accessible to staff and members of the public. Ability to produce user-friendly charts, graphs and reports.
- Participates in collaborative meetings; consults with county office department, district and school personnel in the areas of LCAP and federal plan development and implementation; assists in the writing and evaluation of such plans.
- Program evaluation, data collection and data analysis as related to educational agencies
- Disaggregates data and generates data displays as needed for department reports, district and school reports and state or federal mandated reports.
- Provides report and data development for grants and continuous improvement projects.
- Works with districts on developing and maintaining data sharing agreements.
- Designs, plans, and delivers staff development opportunities on-site and county-wide, both on an individual basis and as a member of a team.
- Actively engages in an ongoing program of professional development to maintain and improve management skills and leadership abilities.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Experience and Education
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skill is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skill would be:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, education,information science,administration and leadership, business administration, or related field.(Master’s Degree is preferred)
- Minimum five years of experience working with informational technology within a public education setting preferred
- Experience with the enterprise financial and student information systems used in California education agencies (SQL server, Escape, Microsoft Access and Excel, CALPADS, Aeries, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Experience with various software products used for data analysis, integration and reporting
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation processes
(Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodation for the following physical requirements.)
Sufficient vision to read printed materials; sufficient hearing to conduct in-person and telephone conversations; sufficient mobility to move about the county office and other sites as may be required; ability to speak in an understandable voice with sufficient volume to be heard in normal conversation distance, on the telephone, and to address groups of varying sizes;physical and emotional stamina to cope with sometimes stressful situations and conditions.
This position requires the ability to travel between Humboldt and Del Norte Counties. In addition, a strong, communicative online presence and facilitation experience is required to manage distance based working relationships.
Classified Management Schedule A: 8 DOE Reviewed 11/2/18