Under the general direction of the Assistant Superintendent Educational Services, the College and Career Integrated Learning Specialist serves as a leader in the development and implementation of instructional college and career related resources and programs as well as provides leadership in the development, organization, and implementation of the Decade of Difference’s dedicated goals, objectives, and strategies.The College and Career Integrative Learning Specialist shall also serve as a liaison between Career Technical Education instructional staff, school site administrators, program administrators and the community-at-large relative to program promotion and the integration of college and career technical course offerings within other curricular programs in our local schools.Additionally, the College and Career Integrated Learning Specialist will act as a bridge to our local workforce industry partners such as the Workforce Investment Board, as well as College of the Redwoods and Humboldt State University
Duties and Responsibilities
- •Provide leadership in support of the Decade of Difference (DoD) initiative.
- Provide general supervisorial support to those working within the DoD Suite including but not limited to: DoD staff, Cal-SOAP staff, clerical staff, and others as deemed appropriate by the Assistant Superintendent.
- Support DoD staff to implement action plans and deliver appropriate resources.
- Stay abreast of best practices and trends in college and career development and related instructional resources and methods and share information with appropriate stakeholders.
- Gather and disseminate relevant information to educators, youth, parents, and community members.
- Build and maintain strategic alliances and key partnerships with community based organizations, schools, service provider agencies, businesses, parents, foundations, etc.
- Compose and disseminate relevant and appropriate correspondences to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop key community relationships throughout Humboldt and Del Norte in an effort to enhance outreach, reduce duplication of services, and to streamline service delivery to youth,parents, educators, and the community.
- Deliver relevant presentations at events and activities to disseminate information about College and Career
- Initiative as well as programs /services available.
- Apprise members of the HCOE Cabinet, Headwater’s Fund Board, and members of the Initiative Steering Committee of relevant college and career information, action plan development/implementation, as well as with information regarding effectiveness of strategies.
- Participates actively on program advisory committees.
- Collaborate with strategic community/education partners to develop/implement appropriate activities which are consistent with the Initiative goals and objectives as well as develop relevant Memorandum’s of Understanding with contracted agencies when deemed appropriate.
- Compile data and complete reports related to the Initiative.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and monitoring of Initiative annual budget as deemed appropriate by immediate supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor as well as by members of the HCOE Cabinet.
Education, Training and Experience
- Possess an appropriate California Counseling, Administrative, or Teaching Credential.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Knowledge of community / County college and career resources and related issues
- Demonstrate knowledge with various community resources including educational services, placement agencies, and both government sponsored and privately funded job training programs.
- Ability to coordinate networking opportunities
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Awareness of socio-cultural characteristics of service population; ability to interact with diverse cultures
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
Special note regarding the physical demands of this position: There is some degree of physical activity and exertion required of this position. Over time, the physical demands of any position are subject to change. Depending upon the particular assignment, the College and Career Integrated learning Specialist may be expected to:
- Stand, sit and/or move about for sustained periods.
- Move about in non-traditional instructional environments; i.e., areas of the community.
- Report to multiple worksites in a given day or during the work week.
- Communicate effectively in-person and via telephone and other electronic media to individuals and groups of varying sizes.
- Exercise physical control over students who are acting out and/or offer physical assistance to students who might be themselves physically impaired.
- Conduct instructional programs within pre-designated break periods and time schedules.
- Maintain an appropriate personal demeanor during periods of heightened stress created by outside factors not always within the ability of the teacher to control at the time.
The Humboldt County Office of Education is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Consistent with that philosophy is the receptivity to consider requests to modify the traditional modes of delivering instructional services to reasonably accommodate an individual’s disabilities as long as the quality of the program offered remains consistent with the standards established by the office.
For further information concerning the specific requirements of any particular assignment, please contact the Personnel Office.Management
Schedule B Class 1