Major Initiatives 2018-2019
Community & School Supports
- Cultivate sustainable intra-agency, inter-agency and community partnerships to improve outcomes for students across Humboldt County.
- Support school improvement to transform school cultures through intentional implementation of Multi-Tiered System of Support.
- Model and highlight educational excellence and feature ways in which members of our community can actively engage in education.
- Provide leadership for rural advocacy at the regional, state, and national level.
- Build partnerships and cohesion around issues of equity across Humboldt County
Career & College Preparation
- Expand, cultivate and build upon partnerships with members of our higher education and business community to provide enhanced student opportunity for job shadowing, internships, apprenticeships, and college and career readiness.
- Raise the academic and social success of all students.
- Facilitate and coordinate specialized services to meet the diverse needs of students from 0-22 years of age.
Professional Development & Teacher Recruitment
- Provide support and increase partnerships that improve educator effectiveness and student learning through responsive professional development, professional learning networks, resources, and programming.
- Continue to collaborate and broaden partnerships with the Teacher Task Force to develop and implement new strategies for educator recruitment and training.
- Provide training and assistance for the successful implementation of School Wide Systems of Support and Differentiated Instruction for all students.
- Facilitate training, mentorship and support for emerging leaders and administrators in Humboldt County.
- Ensure that the “tools” and related training we provide districts and schools are appropriate and responsive.