Under the general supervision of the SELPA Director and in coordination with teachers for students who are deaf or hard of hearing (DHH), to perform varied and responsible tasks related to equipment management for students that are deaf or hard of hearing including consultation with teachers and staff and maintenance of records.This is a 10 month position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Collaborates and coordinates with DHH teachers, General and Special Education teachers to ensure that all necessary equipment for students who are deaf/hard of hearing are in consistent working order; maintains an inventory of that equipment; serves as liaison between SELPA staff and local audiologists in getting necessary equipment repaired, ordered and maintained; collects data related to student’s performance and needs and maintains confidential records in order to support the SELPA DHH teacher(s);schedules appointments with parents as needed at the school or at the home for equipment needs related to hearing aids; makes contact with teachers, administrators, resource specialist teachers, and other school personnel as needed.
Education and Experience
Graduation from high school or comparable demonstration of basic competence and not less than two years progressively responsible clerical experience.
- Modern office terminology, procedures and equipment;
- Department operations;
- Proper preparation of correspondence;
- Organization of files and records;
- Standard First Aid.
- Accurately key data;
- Communicate with tact and courtesy;
- Respond to routine inquiries;
- Adapt to changing work demands;
- Manage task priorities to meet deadlines;
- Work under varying degrees of stress;
- Use proper English in filing and indexing and other identifying tasks;
- Use proper English with correct spelling and punctuation;
- Follow oral and written directions;
- Operate office equipment, including computers and all equipment used in the DHH program;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups;
- Read and comprehend fine print such as contracts, prescriptions, spreadsheets and texts;
- Communicate effectively via telephone, computer modem and in person;
- Lift/move materials weighing up to 25pounds.
Range 27 | Personnel Commission Approved: 4/9/2014