This test replaces the former Instructional Aide Exam, as it is designed to meet the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) standards as outlined in the Federal law.
- Language Arts
- Ability to Assist (situational questions dealing with common sense)
- Sample test materials are available at the HERC Center, 901 Myrtle Ave., Eureka, but cannot leave the building.
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
(Summer hours: Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
- Math study guides available in the Personnel Office.
- Tests are normally offered on Fridays at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., EXCEPT during the summer between June 19 and Aug. 21, when they will be offered on Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Average duration: 2-3 hours (not timed)
- $7.00 (cash or check only)
- An advanced reservation is required. To schedule an appointment time call Personnel at 445-7039.
- Your test will be corrected and you will be informed of your results the same day.
- A score of 70% on all three sections is considered passing. If you pass, you will be issued a permanent verification card.
- You will be eligible to retake any section(s) that you fail at no additional charge, as many times as necessary.