This test replaces the former Instructional Aide Exam, as it is designed to meet the Every Student Succeeds Act standards as outlined in the Federal law.
- Language Arts
- Ability to Assist (situational questions dealing with common sense)
- Test is multiple choice with one short essay.
Study materials are available in the Humboldt Educators Resource Center (HERC).
- In-person tests are offered at the Humboldt County Office of Education every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m., with a limit of eight testers per day. Advance reservation is required.
- Average duration: 2-3 hours (not timed)
- Cost: $7.00 (paid either via credit card when booking your test, or by check when you arrive).
- Your test will be corrected and you will be informed of your results the same day.
- A score of 70% on all three sections is considered passing. If you pass, you will be issued a permanent verification card.
- You will be eligible to retake any section(s) that you fail at no additional charge, as many times as necessary.