This test replaces the former Instructional Aide Exam, as it is designed to meet the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) standards as outlined in the Federal law.
- Language Arts
- Ability to Assist (situational questions dealing with common sense)
- Sample test materials are available at the Louis Bucher Teacher Resource Center, 901 Myrtle Ave., Eureka.
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
(Summer hours: Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
- Tests are offered on Fridays at 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., EXCEPT during the summer between June 19 and Aug. 21, when they will be offered on Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- $7.00 (cash or check only)
- An advanced reservation is required. To schedule an appointment time call Personnel at 445-7039.
- You will be notified by mail approximately two days after the test date if you passed or failed the exam.
- A score of 70% on all three sections is considered passing. If you pass, you will be issued a permanent verification card.
- You will be eligible to retake any section(s) that you fail at no additional charge.