All testing is postponed until further notice. Thank you for your patience.
This test replaces the former Instructional Aide Exam, as it is designed to meet the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) standards as outlined in the Federal law.
- Language Arts
- Ability to Assist (situational questions dealing with common sense)
- Sample test materials are available at the HERC Center, 901 Myrtle Ave., Eureka, but cannot leave the building.
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
(Summer hours: Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
- Math study guides available in the Personnel Office.
- Tests are normally offered on Fridays at 10:00 a.m., EXCEPT during the summer between June 19 and Aug. 21, when they will be offered on Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Average duration: 2-3 hours (not timed)
- $7.00 (cash or check only)
- An advanced reservation is required. To schedule an appointment time call Personnel at 445-7039.
- Your test will be corrected and you will be informed of your results the same day.
- A score of 70% on all three sections is considered passing. If you pass, you will be issued a permanent verification card.
- You will be eligible to retake any section(s) that you fail at no additional charge, as many times as necessary.