Under general supervision of a department director, will perform varied and responsible accounting duties including the production of information for various legal reports, program support for the development and monitoring of MOUs and service contracts, and invoices for specialized services. Track invoices and receipts which include complex budgets, and the preparation and maintenance of official records. Communicate directly with District administrators, HCOE Special Education Director and SELPA Director to coordinate contracted services.The Fiscal Clerk assists other staff members in a myriad of work tasks related to the successful operation of the office.
Examples of Duties
Prepares monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual reports; calculates and posts data to various records; tabulates and proofreads statistical and financial data; posts checks and balances multiple accounts; prepares and monitors purchase orders; posts and monitors requisitions, personal service contracts; creates, organizes and maintains files including computer-based data files; operates varied and sophisticated computer software and hardware; processes department program billings for services according to pre-arranged contracts; prepares information for legal records; provides information to and seeks information from other county office employees, school district personnel, State, Federal and County representatives, vendors and the public; manages a wide range of technical and numerical data; Prepare and tracks MOU for specialized services provided by support providers; performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
Graduation from high school or demonstration of comparable basic skills competence and three years of increasingly responsible and varied accounting experience; advanced courses in statistical or payroll record keeping, and computer operations.
- The methods, practices, and terminology used in manual, semi-automated and automated fiscal record keeping or bookkeeping;
- Modern office terminology, procedures and equipment;
- Complex computer systems operations and reports;
- Financial accounting procedures.
- Develop Excel spreadsheets
- Prepare, organize and maintain records and files;
- Create, input, manipulate, and retrieve data on computer equipment accurately and efficiently;
- Problem solve;
- Post and make arithmetic computations rapidly and accurately;
- Communicate with tact courtesy;
- Respond to various inquiries;
- Use proper English in filing and indexing and other identifying tasks;
- Use proper English with correct spelling and punctuation;
- Follow oral and written directions and be highly organized;
- Adapt to changing work demands and priorities;
- Manage task priorities to meet deadlines;
- Work under varying degrees of stress;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and small groups;
- Read and comprehend fine print, such as contracts, spreadsheets, texts, catalogs and brochures;
- Lift/move materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Range 34 | Personnel Commission Approved:December 8, 2015