Under general supervision of the Department/Division Supervisor, to perform varied and increasingly responsible clerical work involving proficiency in word processing and data entry, to provide direct services and assistance to patrons of the particular unit, and to do related work as required.
Examples of Duties
Assists patrons of the unit as necessary; develops/composes routine communication independently after initiation from supervisor; maintains operation of the office independently when other staff are absent; maintains accurate data entry in major database programs; assists in setting up physical setting for workshops; assists in directing assigned employees or work study personnel in a variety of clerical tasks; edits various publications as needed; maintains database for unit resource file, professional library, schools directory, and inservice schedules; provides clerical support for the various special projects offered through the Unit; answers telephone calls; and performs other duties as may be requested.
Education and Experience
Graduation from high school or demonstration of comparable basic skills competence, and two years of progressively responsible clerical experience involving microcomputer operations.
- Proper English usage;
- Wide range of microcomputers, peripheral equipment and software programs;
- Modern office terminology, procedures and equipment.
- Work without direct supervision;
- Communicate with tact and courtesy;
- Respond to routine inquiries;
- Use proper English in filing and indexing and other identifying tasks;
- Follow oral and written directions;
- Operate modern office equipment, including computers;
- Adapt to changing work demands;
- Manage task priorities to meet deadlines;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups;
- Read and comprehend fine print such as contracts, spreadsheets and texts;
- Communicate effectively via telephone, computer modem and in person;
- Lift/move materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Range 27 | Personnel Commission Approved: 06/11/91