Under minimum supervision of the department coordinator, to perform varied and responsible clerical work involving a high degree of proficiency in typing and data entry;to facilitate training and instruction to enable patrons and staff to maximize access to professional learning opportunities and Humboldt Educational Resource Center (HERC)resources; to share in responsibility for the operation of HERC when the Coordinator is not present; to maintain operation of HERC independently when other staff are absent; to promote an environment with positive, collaborative and cooperative relationships for staff and for patrons, including communicating consistently with tact and courtesy from a customer service orientation, and to perform related work as required.
Examples of Duties
Maintains the listing and registration system for professional learning offerings; manages professional development support services including, facility bookings, catering arrangements and/or beverage support, preparation of session materials and attendance tracking; prepares reports,correspondence, vouchers, receipts, schedules, minutes, requisitions, notices and statistical data; computes, checks, tabulates and balances statistical and financial data;does filing and searching; stores and issues supplies; answers inquiries or refers to the proper official; makes appointments and travel arrangements; reviews and prepares purchase orders and requisitions; compiles figures on expenditures; maintains inventory records; types technical narratives, charts and tables; maintains files and recommends changes in filing systems; performs receptionist duties including the operation of multi-line telephone equipment; greets visitors and the general public; assists Learning Specialists and others to access the HERC resource collection as needed; gathers information on a variety of subjects and compiles program project,financial, statistical activity and legal reports; composes non-routine correspondence and serves as a lead clerical position for Professional Learning and HERC Services.
Education and Experience
Graduation from high school or equivalent; AA degree or equivalent of two years of college;three years of responsible clerical and computer experience including experience in a school or library setting; experience using computer and web-based information technologies and communication technologies; experience in acquisition and processing of library materials; familiarity with California Standards and frameworks; and familiarity with children’s literature.
- Varied computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, database management and office graphics programs;
- Moderately complex computer systems and operations.
- Accurately key at an efficient rate;
- Communicate with tact and courtesy;
- Respond to routine inquiries;
- Maintain, track and archive detailed records and produce reports requested by the Coordinator;
- Use proper English in filing and indexing and other identifying tasks;
- Use proper English with correct spelling and punctuation;
- Follow oral and written directions;
- Operate modern office equipment, including computers;
- Adapt to changing work demands;
- Manage task priorities to meet deadlines;
- Work under varying degrees of stress;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and small groups;
- Read and comprehend fine print such as contracts, spreadsheets and texts;
- Communicate effectively via telephone, computer modem and in person;
- Lift/move materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Range 33 | Personnel Commission Approved: 05/17/16