Under immediate supervision of the SELPA Director, this position will obtain CALPADS Special Education student data, providing assistance as a liaison to the local education agencies (LEAs) and enter data in preparation for state reporting and program reimbursements; obtain special education pupil count data from all the local educational agencies to submit the collected data to California Department of Education, prepare required state reports; maintain auditable records; act as a back-up receptionist for the SELPA office; and perform related work as required. This is a ten month (216 day) position.
Examples of Duties
- Maintain and input SELPA pupil count data;
- Work with Information Network Service personnel to adjust the pupil count software to comply with State required reporting; maintain student count for the SELPA;
- Submit the required state reports;
- Assist the LEAs with regards to gathering fiscal data for reporting and program reimbursements;
- Back-up in clerical area;
- Assist in preparation for SELPA presentations and reporting in addition to other jobs as assigned by SELPA Director.
- Methods, practices and terminology used in attendance and statistical clerical work;
- Computer equipment software used in data entry and reporting preparation (e.g., EXCEL, CALPADS, SEIS);
- Modern office terminology, procedures and equipment;
- Telephone etiquette, multi-line techniques and procedures.
- Create, update and maintain accurate statistical files and records;
- Key and compose letters;
- Spell and use proper English grammar;
- Perform work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Communicate with the public with tact and courtesy;
- Respond to various inquiries;
- Follow established procedures and create more efficient procedures where needed;
- Learn to operate various office equipment;
- Learn various reporting software programs;
- Follow oral and written directions and be highly organized;
- Work cooperatively with others;
- Input data accurately and efficiently;
- Read and comprehend fine print such as contracts, spreadsheets and texts;
- Communicate effectively via telephone, computer modem and in person.
Education, Experience and Requirements
- Demonstration of basic competency equivalent to graduation from high school and possess at least two years of detailed clerical and accounting experience;
- Must pass criminal justice background check (FBI and DOJ) and all other screenings required by the State and school districts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to
- Stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop and kneel;
- Work in a space with moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic);
- Work in a confined area;
- Sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time;
- Use close vision for computer work;
- Lift items that are light to moderate weight.
Range 37 | Personnel Commission Approved: 02/12/2019