Under immediate supervision of the Glen Paul Principal, to obtain monthly enrollment and attendance from the Glen Paul instructors and enter data in preparation for state reporting and program reimbursements; obtain special education pupil count data from all the local educational agencies to submit the collected data to California Department of Education, prepare required state reports; maintain auditable records; maintain inventory and distribute all Low Incidence equipment; act as a receptionist for the Glen Paul School; and perform related work as required. This is a twelve month position.
Examples of Duties
Maintain and input HCOE special education pupil count data; maintain and input SELPA pupil count data;work with Information Network Service personnel to adjust the pupil count software to comply with State required reporting; maintain student enrollment and attendance for the Glen Paul School and the program reimbursement District of Residence list; maintain the Low Incidence equipment inventory; monitor repair and maintenance of all Low Incidence equipment; prepare purchase requisitions for all Low Incidence equipment; maintain the lunch reporting accounting and submit the required state reports; assist with preparation of the new student packets and the maintenance of the student Blue Books; be responsible for compiling the students’ records for transferring students; purge the student records when needed; serve as a receptionist and office back-up in clerical area; assist in preparation of inservice materials for the SELPA.
Education and Experience
Demonstration of basic competency equivalent to graduation from high school and possess at least two years of detailed clerical and accounting experience.
- Methods, practices and terminology used in attendance and statistical clerical work;
- Computer equipment software used in data entry and reporting preparation (e.g., EXCEL);
- Modern office terminology, procedures and equipment;
- Telephone etiquette, multi-line techniques and procedures.
- Create, update and maintain accurate statistical files and records;
- Key and compose letters;
- Spell and use proper English grammar;
- Perform work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Communicate with the public with tact and courtesy;
- Respond to various inquiries;
- Follow established procedures and create more efficient procedures where needed;
- Learn to operate various office equipment;
- Follow oral and written directions and be highly organized;
- Work cooperatively with others;
- Accurately key not less than 50 words per minute;
- Accurately and efficiently input data;
- Read and comprehend fine print such as contracts, spreadsheets and texts;
- Communicate effectively via telephone, computer modem and in person.
Range 29 | Personnel Commission Approved: 12/14/04 | sg