Under minimum supervision of the department/program manager, to perform specialized and highly developed computer/data entry skills, enhanced by knowledge of the terminology, practice,and policies of the programs of assignment. The position requires a working knowledge of student data entry systems, and demographic research.
Examples of Duties
Maintains a wide range of data related to program and student files, demographics, attendance, and registration records or other according to department specialization. Receives, verifies, enters data into required programs or formats. Maintains and verifies program data files, and assures that all necessary documents have been obtained. Receives new data and/or revisions, enters data, routes updated information to appropriate stuff or department. Generates periodic reports. Keeps current on changes in regulations and procedures; attends state meetings/webinars to keep current on regulations. On a one-on-one basis, instructs and illustrates the use of relational databases to enter, extract, and review information and produce reports. Provides one-on-one trainings to internal and district staff; works with technology staff to develop and amend data entry screens in response to reporting changes and internal requirements. Types reports, correspondence, schedules, and statistical data; computes, checks, tabulates,and balances statistical data; classifies and posts information; does filing and searching; answers inquiries or refers to the proper official; gathers information on a variety of subjects and compiles reports; composes non-routine correspondence. Manages and reports on attendance for program.
Education and Experience
Graduation from high school and three years of increasingly responsible experience in data entry and data management; recent verifiable experience with Student Information Systems,e.g. CASEMIS, CALPADS.
- Varied computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, database management and office graphics programs;
- Intermediate word processing skills, email skills, and internet usage;
- Advanced database skills including working knowledge of all areas of database management;
- Advanced spreadsheet skills, including the ability to create tables, graphs, and outlines;
- Statistical methods sufficient to analyze variance and trends and make inferences;
- Math skills sufficient to devise formulas to compute sums, quotients, fractions, percentages, and ratios;
- Sufficient command of English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation to prepare professional correspondence and standardized reports;
- Safe working practices;
- CA/CDE Data collection programs and procedures.
- Maintain emotional control under different situations;
- Communicate with tact and courtesy in written and spoken English to explain technical concepts to others;
- Respond to routine inquiries;
- Work effectively as part of a team devoted to customer services;
- Operate a personal computer and assigned office equipment, complex spreadsheets and specialized regional database software;
- Keyboard to perform data entry;
- Adapt to changing work demands;
- Prioritize work in order to meet deadlines and maintain schedules;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and small groups under pressure and in high stress situations;
- Read and comprehend technical writing such as instructions, policies, and spreadsheets;
- Interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures to others;
- Extract, organize, prepare, and analyze data for submission; compile and maintain accurate and complete records and reports;
- Conduct information searches and prepare custom studies;•Analyze complex technical problems and develop and apply solutions;
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information;
- Perform all of the relevant duties of the position with only general supervision;
- Meet the physical requirements necessary to perform assigned duties safely and effectively,including lifting 25 pounds.
Range 37 | Personnel Commission Approved:1/13/2015