Front row (L-R): Nicole “Coco” Lyell, McKinleyville HS; Emma Harris, Arcata HS; Jamie Anne Robbins, Eureka HS; Estelle Fuller, Six Rivers HS; Andy Vodopals, Lost Coast HS
Back row (L-R): Jacob Smith, McKinleyville HS; Brody Van Vleck, Eureka HS; Kamia Way, South Fork HS; Chayslin Johnson, Academy of the Redwoods: Mirian Alvarado, Ferndale HS; Molly Mott, Fortuna Union HS; Isabel Luu, Arcata HS; Ethan Fischel, Eureka HS; Haley Benbow, Fortuna Union HS; Mattea Denney, Northcoast Preparatory Academy
Members of the team were selected based on their exemplary academic performance, significant involvement in extracurricular activities, proven leadership abilities, excellent communication skills, and a displayed commitment to their community. The average grade point average for the team is 4.31, with one as high as 4.548.
The event concluded with the naming of two Stellar Students, Haley Benbow of Fortuna Union High School, and Jacob Smith of McKinleyville High School. The Stellar Students were selected by a panel of community members in recognition of their exceptional accomplishments and potential to make a significant impact in the future.
Each member of the Academic Achievement Team received a $300 scholarship, certificate, and engraved pen. The two Stellar Student award winners each received an additional $200 scholarship and a special plaque to commemorate their selection.
2018 Rising Stars Academic Achievement Team
- Academy of the Redwoods: Chayslin Johnson
- Arcata High School: Emma Harris, Isabel Luu
- Eureka High School: Ethan Fischel, Jamie Anne Robbins, Brody Van Vleck
- Ferndale High School: Mirian Alvarado
- Fortuna Union High School: Molly Mott, Haley Benbow
- Lost Coast High School: b
- McKinleyville High School: Nicole “Coco” Lyell, Jacob Smith
- Northcoast Preparatory Academy: Mattea Denney
- St. Bernard’s Academy: Olivia Omey
- Six Rivers Charter High School: Estelle Fuller
- South Fork High School: Kamia Way