The position will heavily focus on the creation and development of county-wide Career Technical Skills Organizations (CTSO). This will include but not be limited to; registering all CTE students in appropriate organizations, providing professional development for district leaders, developing an implementation process for applied curriculum, working with state representatives to advocate for Humboldt/Del-Norte county rural needs. In coordination with these skills organization groups, attention will be paid to the growing Makers Movement in Humboldt County. The CTE Instructional Specialist will work with Arts Specialist and Entrepreneur lead to developing maker’s activities including but not limited to; coordinating with the active maker’s community, expanding the Makers Movement as a curriculum alternative, developing a culminating activity (Maker’s Fair).
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works collaboratively with HCOE DoD and district CTE staff to align all CTSO and Maker’s programs with existing program goals.
- Provides professional development, support, and training to school site CTE staff.
- Provides consultation assistance to CTE staff on implementing the CTSO curriculum.
- Develop and implement a countywide structure for unifying CTSO participation.
- Provides curriculum development, with attention paid to online strategies.
- Attend conferences related to CTSO and Makers programs.
- Represent HCOE at state level convening when available.
- Advocate for the needs of rural populations with state-level representatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conduct regional student groups to ensure equity in access and consistent participation across the region.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Arts Degree, California Teaching Credential with a strong background in CTE and technology. CTE Classroom experience. A clear understanding of CTE Model Curriculum Standards.
- Skills to organize plan and deliver staff development activities. Ability to create and implement an online curriculum.
- Effectively communicate and work collaboratively as a team member. Willingness to work with flexible hours.
- Meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform assigned duties, including:
- visual acuity sufficient to work at a computer screen frequently and throughout the day, near and far visual acuity, depth perception, color vision sufficient to recognize people, words, and numbers;
- frequent standing, and occasional bending, stooping, kneeling;
- occasional crawling in confined spaces in buildings;
- Lifting up to twenty-five (25) pounds on a regular basis, fifty (50) pounds on an occasional basis, and in excess of fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
- The heavy objects to be lifted include boxes of checks or paper, computers, printers, and related equipment;
- speaking and hearing ability sufficient to hear over the phone and carry on routine conversations;
- see to read manuals, video display screens, and other related material;
- Sit for prolonged periods of time operating a computer.
Range: Certificated Salary Schedule 1A
Updated 4/6/20 dlr