Under general direction, serves as a member of the clerical team of the Department. Report directly to, and is primarily evaluated by the Director. Serves as the lead technical information contact for department has designated special projects and as back-up receptionist for the department. Performs duties requiring diligent exercise of judgment and initiative. This is a classified 10-month position.
Examples of Duties
- Gathers, compiles, tabulates and maintains all statistical data and documents for the department project as determined by the department manager;
- Prepares agendas and packets for meetings and initiates follow-up correspondence when necessary;
- Provides information upon inquiry by district members, county representatives and state department of education officials;
- Performs complex clerical and accounting work requiring a high level of quality and accuracy including the preparation of year-end program reports, certifications, and submissions to the state;
- Assists in monitoring expenditures and disbursements; assists in the support of the department’s various staff development activities, i.e. conferences, workshops, and other events specific to the department;
- Serves as copy editor for the department’s newsletters, catalogs, and event programs; assists in bulk mailing for the department;
- Performs other similar clerical/accounting duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or comparable demonstration of basic competence preferably three years of progressively responsible clerical and accounting experience;
- Experience in an education setting is desired but not required.
- Office procedures, equipment and terminology;
- Education organization, policies and procedures;
- Office practices and procedures;
- Proper English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, punctuation;
- Computer based file and text management.
- Initiate recommendations regarding programmatic or operational improvements when the need arises;
- Understand and comply with district, county, state and federal procedures policies and statutes;
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality;
- Accurately key 55 words per minute and enter data efficiently and accurately;
- Communicate with tact and courtesy;
- Respond to routine and novel inquiries;
- Follow oral and written directions;
- Operate various office equipment, including microcomputer data bases and Word processing programs;
- Adapt to changing work demands;
- Manage task priorities to meet deadlines;
- Work under varying degrees of stress;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups and work as a member of a team;
- Read and comprehend fine print, such as contrast, spreadsheets and text;
- Communicate effectively via phone, modem and in person.
Range: 37 | Personnel Commission Approved June 11, 1996 Revised/Approved March 10, 2020
g:Job Desc/special Projects Tech-ISS