California law requires school districts to provide an education to any student who resides within the district’s attendance area. Although students have the right under California law to a free, public education, the law does not guarantee that a student can attend the school of his or her choice, or even the neighborhood school.
2021-2022 School Year
To request interdistrict attendance for your child, complete the form below and submit it to your District of Residence. If you are unsure of your district of residence, use our District Locator Tool.
- 2021-2022 Inter-District Attendance Transfer Request/Agreement (Fillable PDF)
- 2021-2022 Inter-District Attendance Transfer Request/Agreement – Español (Fillable PDF)
2020-2021 School Year
Inter-District Forms can be filled out electronically by selecting the file labeled with “(Word File)” and opening it with MS Word. Just download the file to your desktop, open it in Word, fill it out and print it. All other files are in PDF Format (requires a PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Board Policy 5117 – Interdistrict Attendance Appeals
- Exhibit 5117 E – Interdistrict Attendance Appeal Handbook
- Inter-District Appeal Request Word | PDF
- Inter-District Checklist Word | PDF